Monday, October 4, 2010

Bird Symphony!

Today I woke up to the sounds of all kinds of different birds outside the bedroom window. I was still a bit tired, but too excited to lay still in bed so I just had to get up and start my day. After breakfast my sister’s maid came and introduced herself. Her name is Joy and she’s originally from Rwanda, but works in Kampala and regularly sends money home. It’s not that my sister needs a maid, or actually it’s a good thing because she can be pretty messy at times, but it creates good workforce for a lot of women here.

Later in the afternoon we took a trip to the craft market. Here one can find beautiful clothes, jewelry, sandals, and lots and lots of different nick nacks :) I bought a dress for 25000 shilling which equals to about 11 dollars – not a bad buy or what! The rest of the day today was spent relaxing and going out for dinner. The power went out twice already tonight, but I’ve been warned that that’s just something I have to get used to :)
 
SANY0033 (800x600) (640x480)
Bird chillin outside the house
 

SANY0002 (640x480)
Craft market
 
SANY0003 (640x480)



SANY0004 (480x640)
The dress I bought :)
 
I also had the chance to look through some of the Lugandan words in one of my sister’s book today. Luganda is the most widely spoken language of the languages indigenous to Uganda. So… Sula Bulungi everyone! That means good night ;)

1 comment:

  1. Hurray! You decided to blog about your trip! I look forward to reading about all your exciting adventures! stay safe!

    ReplyDelete