Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened.

Tonight I’m getting on a plane bound for Norway. Firts it’s an 8 hour flight to Amsterdam and then another 2.5 hour flight home to Stavanger, Norway. There’s been quite a bit of snow in Europe, but the weather forecasts are looking good for tomorrow so I’m hoping there are no delays. My sister is not flying before Saturday so it’s just me – I hope there are some good new movies to watch!

Last night we had some lovely ladies over to say our goodbyes. We made some delicious cheese fondue and had chocolate fondue for dessert :) It was absolutely delicious! For dipping we had cauliflower, broccoli, red peppers, baguette and pineapple for the cheese, and banana, strawberries, honey cake squares and pineapple for the chocolate. You can pretty much use anything you like for dipping and it was really easy to make.

DSC04580 DSC04583

mmm cheese & chocolate fondue :)

It was sad to have to say goodbye to all the wonderful people I have met here..I have very mixed feelings about leaving Kampala…I’ve had so many great experiences and adventours, and I am so lucky to have been able to do this journey. I’m so glad to have been able to see where my sister lives and works, and who knows maybe I’ll be back to visit her again :) It’s also been quite an experience working here myself, it’s been interesting, learningful and it’s always sad to say goodbye to co-workers. There are so many things I am going to miss, but I also have many great things to look forward to and I’m ready for a new chapter.

Now, I’m first looking forward to come home to Norway to see my family and friends. Last year I had a lovely Christmas in Canada and this year I’ll be in Norway for Christmas and then in Austria for New Years - so I get to see all my family! I’m also really excited to go skiing again in Austria :) Then, in January I’m off to Canada again which I’m also really looking forward too! I’ve missed everyone in Norway, Austria and Canada and I can’t wait to see you all again!

So although I’m sad to leave and it’s always difficult to say goodbye..I have so many things to look forward to :)

 DSC04588 My room for the past 2 months. Almost finished packing & ready to go!

I didn’t get to post this before I left the house, all of a sudden I ran out of time! But I’m at the airport now waiting for boarding…Goodbye Kampala, I will miss you!

 

~ “Every goodbye makes the next hello closer” ~

1 comment:

  1. hei Birgit, fin avsluttning! Bra skrevet, I am sure you will be back on day!
    Love from Mamma

    ReplyDelete