Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Dresses & Drinks

I haven’t updated my blog in a while – sorry guys! So whats been going on here is a little bit of work, enjoying the company of some wonderful people, and dress making :)

The material we bougth at the fabric market we took to my sister’s tailor and I got three dresses made. They turned out really cute so we decided to once again go back to the fabric market and hunt down some more beautiful fabrics. We went back to the lovely tailor and now I’m getting one more dress made and three skirts. Prices vary depending on what fabric you get and what kind of style you want your clothes made in. But the most I’ve paid is about 20 dollars – including the fabric and the tailoring!

Everytime we go to the tailor it’s an interesting experience. With the language barrier and sense of fashion barrier it’s always a good time :) Our tailor laughes at us when we explain to him how we want the clothes made, especially if we want short skirts and dresses and not ones that go down to our ankles. As you probably can imagine the clothes here are quite different from what I am used to at home.

Here are pictures of the three dresses I have so far. The other ones are still being made. I’ll post pictures of them once I’ve picked them up :)

DSC04474 DSC04479

                Blue & white short dress                   Blue & white strapless long dress

 DSC04480 DSC04483

 

 

 

 

 

Black & gold short strapless dress

 

 

 

Last week I went for some drinks with the lovely ladies Mandana, Gabby and Jessica to a Mexican restaurant. They pretty much have restaurants from every corner of the world here :)

DSC04459  DSC04464

                         Mojito!                                                Mandana & me :)

 

Look out for update on our American Thanksgiving celebration Kampala style – coming soon! Wishing you all a wonderful week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment